Wednesday, January 09, 2008

6 Of One A....

Today, I went to my hair dresser in Akmerkez. After that a quick snack at McDonald's.

I saw on the menu that you could have an order of 6, 9 or 12 Chicken McNuggets.
I asked for a half dozen nuggets.

"We don't have half dozen nuggets", said the teenager at the counter.

"You don't?" I replied.

"We only have six, nine, or twelve," was the reply.

"So I can't order a half-dozen nuggets, but I can order six?"

"That's right."

So I shook my head and ordered six McNuggets.

4 comments:

Sean Jeating said...

Ha ha ha!
And, did you get 6 (in words: six), or are six not six anymore? :))))

Sorry, perhaps rather tears should be cascading down our cheeks.

Unknown said...

Sean, I got 6 but eat 5..))
60% of the academica in Turkey never learned, or dont want, a second language.
But this kid speaks at leaast English..)) Not that fluent..))
regards

Sincerae (means "Morningstar") said...

I don't care for the McNuggets here. The last time I ate some, which was probably 15 years ago if not more, they tasted artificial. That might have been because I don't care for dark meat. Here they used to be a mix of white and dark meat.

I'd be scared to death of the possible taste in them in Turkey. But I do like the McTurco even better than I like regular hamburgers, which I stay away from at all costs even here in the states.

Ardent said...

it's six of one and half a dozen of the other -

I agree with Sincerae I would be more inclined to question the nutritional value and the quality or the type of meat that is used. I also have not eaten McDonalds for over 15 years.