Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Days in Dubai

It was a nice trip to Dubai. And a country with a history. Maybe the buildings are new, the UAE has a rich history and full of traditions.
Yes, It is nowadays full with new build buildings. But it is a country of wealth, respect and almost no crime! The skyline of Dubai is amazing. And they are still building, with the speed of a Dutch extend its road: fast.
The first full day we met with Derya. An organized and sweet person. Since I forgot to take my medicines with me, she arranged a quick and effectual trip to the Iranian Hospital. Which scared me first, but those people know what they are doing. Thank you Derya.
We went to another 6 star hotel for a tea. And later that evening we had diner in 'the Ottoman' where her brother is the GM. Champagne and white wine.
There are so many shopping malls: you can even do ice skating there. The temperature in the summer is 45 Celsius, but in winter 25, and at night around 15.

The dress code in the UAE is much the same as it would be in your home country. But a healthy respect for the local customs should be maintained, as I recommend. You will see plenty of people wearing shorts, T-shirts, skirts, etc… Clothing doesn't have to cover arms and legs, but should be somewhat modest as a sign of respect for the local sensibilities.
You see the only 7 star hotel in world: the Jubla.

Personally, the women are extremely beautiful. And 'covered'. But on a traditional way. Like men are covered too...

The West can learn a lesson about this way of life, which is not perfect, but I rather see a person who takes care about themselve than someone who is obysieswith a dogmatic religion.

Thanks Derya for the nice time!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are welcome hans, anytime, stay little longer next time and I will take you around more!

Ardent said...

Hans, I am very happy to read that you and your lovely wife had a good time in Dubai. Look forward to meeting you both on your Australian trip!
:)
Have a very happy Christmas and a joyous festive season.

Unknown said...

Very interesting article and nice pictures. You remind me my journeys to this wonderful country. Last year I visited Dubai, it was my second trip to UAE. First was 15 years ago!
Dubai is the city of the future. It is the city of wonders, this city came from no were to be one of the most important cities in the word. Dubai has many projects that seem unreal, but they made it real. I have heard a lot of about amazing and breathtaking Dubai property constructions, that is why so many tourists are really willing to visit Dubai, to see the masterpieces alive. I visited Dubai last summer. I was impressed with Dubai's progress and magnificent buildings and architecture. These Burj Dubai,World and Palm Islands, Dubailand, and other projects like the underwater hotel etc. are wonderful. I really liked this city and country!

Anonymous said...

You always welcome Martin:) I work in Palm by the way. It amazes me everyday, how the building goes up in the sky, or seeing Atlantis hotel build up, huge projects and of course amazing house prices. You think that why should I spend millions in the middle of desert first, instead of buying a Shato in France or house in Nice.. But property any investment brings you 25% guaranteed value back:) That's why people still buys.
Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Derya, we will come back..))
Martin, yes a suprisingly nice country.
Derya, you mean 'chateau' instead of Shato, which is Japanese..))
Ardent, the only thing with Australia is, it's a long way. And you need 4 weeks holiday, which is not that easy in Turkey..***