Sunday, July 22, 2007

Alcohol ban



Looks like there is an alcohol ban today, on Turkish election day. No alcohol served and sold in supermarkets. This changes completely my view about this current government: CHP is now my party..)

I tried to manipulate Idil this morning to vote for my man, Cem Uzan, but she didn't listen..)

Only if Cem promised free ice cream every Sunday during summertime...or free raki after Friday prayers...)

In West Europe you always see close to a Roman Catholic church, bars. So after Sunday mass, people go straight there to drink Jenever in the Good Old Days...

Anyway, the local shops here sell my favorite beer Efes Extra. So I will watch this evening with some nice cold beer the results of these important elections.

4 comments:

Emre Kızılkaya said...

Oh, don't you know Uzan's latest election promise?

"A pint of beer will be 1 lira."

Compulsory price:)

Anonymous said...

If my wife knew this she had never voted then for him..)) Now its too late..
She doesnt like beer...but whiskey and cigars..))

Anonymous said...

I am sure Turkish nation had very clear idea without even alcohol in their body/head who to voted for, which shows after election:)

Can we have Wine instead of Beer?

Unknown said...

Would have handling out Raki for free by Cem Uzan change people their voting..))